View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002208||SkyChart||1-Software||public||19-10-12 13:13||19-10-12 19:19|
|Reporter||Jim Hunt||Assigned To||Patrick Chevalley|
|Product Version||4.1 SVN|
|Summary||0002208: beta 4.1.1-4028 - Feature request > Mosaic to use Camera Angle from selected Finder Rectangle|
Could the new Mosaic option default to the angle of the selected Finder Rectangle, rather than always default to 0?
This would means that you could define a number of Finder Rectangles with different camera angles and quickly select one that's appropriate for you particular requirements for that session.
In my case, it would work better with the "APT > Show" option. For example, I get the camera angle by doing a plateolve, then use the "Show" option to display the camera size and orientation in CdC, which of course is defined as the Finder Rectangle 1. If the Mosaic option then automatically used the rotation as set for that Finder Rectangle, I can be sure the mosaic will cover the target as I want. The alternative is that I have to remember to manually find the angle and then set that in the Mosaic panel.
Of course, there may well be a specific reason to always default to 0 that I've missed. :-)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
For me it already work this way, the default rotation angle is from the current rectangle and if I plate-solve and send the frame I get the correct angle for my camera.
The values are taken from the first active rectangle that as an offset position of zero.
Maybe you have another active rectangle with a rotation of zero?
In this case make it inactive (red light in the rectangle list) or move it after the camera rectangle.
Do this help?
Thanks for the quick reply. :-)
Actually the situation seems stranger than I thought! The only way to explain it is through a series of screenshots. Hope this is OK?
I was a bit more careful with my checking and discovered that my no. 1 Finder's Rectangle size and rotation (121deg) was set for my old DSLR/Skywatchr 150p setup
So my test sequence went as follows:
1) I opened CdC and immediately opened Setup > Display > Finder Rectangle, this showed the only selected finder rectangle (Green) was no. 1 and had the FOV size and rotation (121deg) for my old DSLR (see Capture 1.jpg). I closed the Display window.
2) I opened the Mosaic window. This showed the no. 1 Finder Circle in use with the same rotation (121deg) as shown in the Display window (see Capture 2.jpg)
3) Whilst the Mosaic window was still open, I opened the Display window (which auto hid the Mosaic window) and showed the rotation still at 121deg, as you would expect (see Capture 3.jpg). I closed the Mosaic window
4) I now used APT to do a Solve (of M31) and then sent the solve data to CdC (rotation = 268/88.6deg) using the Show option (See Capture 4.jpg)
5) I opened Display and this showed the no. 1 Finder Rectangle had changed to the FOV and rotation (88.65deg) for my new Altair 183c Pro Tec/Altair 72EDF setup (see Capture 5.jpg). I closed the Display window.
So far so good, with everything as expected.
6) I opened the Mosaic window. This showed the no. 1 Finder Circle in use with the a rotation of 0deg. Not expected! (see Capture 6.jpg)
7) Whilst the Mosaic window was still open, I opened the Display window (which auto hid the Mosaic window) and showed the rotation had also changed to 0deg. Again not expected! (see Capture 7.jpg). I closed the Mosaic window
8) I re-opened the Display window and the no. 1 Finder Rectangle orientation has changed back to the correct rotation of 88.65deg (see Capture 8.jpg)
It certainly seems something strange happens when the data is supplied via an APT > Show, but I can't see how it should have the affect it does,
I hope this helps?
|19-10-12 13:13||Jim Hunt||New Issue|
|19-10-12 17:06||Patrick Chevalley||Assigned To||=> Patrick Chevalley|
|19-10-12 17:06||Patrick Chevalley||Status||new => feedback|
|19-10-12 17:06||Patrick Chevalley||Note Added: 0006002|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 1.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 2.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 3.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 4.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 5.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 6.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 7.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||File Added: Capture 8.JPG|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||Note Added: 0006006|
|19-10-12 19:19||Jim Hunt||Status||feedback => assigned|